Saturday, February 28, 2015

Motorcycle Accidents


On a fateful evening of October last year (2009), I met an accident involving a jeepney.  



I was traversing the National Highway with my wife at around 8PM.   I was following a car perhaps about 3 to 4 cars length.  The road by the way was a long straight and a slight downgrade.  The car signaled that it was turning right so I slowed down a bit and moved to the left.  All of sudden I saw the jeepney's front right after the car has completed its turn.  It was coming from where the car is going and it was turning left. I don't know if the driver didn't look on the oncoming traffic or he was looking on the other lane.  Probably he thought that it was only a car and never cared to look again.

Since the jeepney's front has completely blocked my lane and I am pretty sure that hard braking will not be enough, I steered the bike to the left while braking hard.  Now I am on the opposite lane.  But the f----g jeepney didn't stop.  To make the story short, the bike's front wheel hit the jeepney's left front wheel.  My head banged on the jeep's fender.  I was pushed by the weight of my wife to the front and I felt pain on my left wrist.  It started to swell after a few minutes.

I am not a violent person but I thought that it was the best time to have a gun on hand.  The driver of the jeep acted as if we're at fault although he's the one who cut me off.  I am supposed to have the right of way.  He was telling me that since it was my motorcycle that hit his jeep, therefore I am at fault.  As if I did it intentionally which is 180 degrees of what we usually call common sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment