Monday, September 20, 2010

Honda Bravo Topspeed

Whenever a new motorcycle model comes out, one of the most asked question is the topspeed.  Even my Honda Bravo with its puny 100cc engine is not being spared from the curiosity.  Motorcycle and even non-motorcycle forums are full of arguments about the subject.


I have to admit, I am a speed freak myself but when I ride, I would constantly ask myself if the speed I'm running is safe or not.  The road itself has a certain beat and you need to follow its rhythm.  What I would like to say is that there is no sense in finding out your top speed when you're on a busy and crowded road full of pedestrians and motorists alike.


Too often, people would say the numbers they have achieved and will swear that it is indeed their top speed.  Later in the discussion, you'll find out what they have modified in their motorcycles.  On most underbones, speed is detected on the front wheel and therefore it is quite easy to "improve" your top speed by carefully choosing your front rubber.


But the question still remains.  How to determine that elusive top speed?


My suggestion is to learn first how your motorcycle measures speed.  Afterwards, find a more accurate measurement device like a GPS to calibrate out the error.  There are actually other methods which can be learned by doing some research.  Google is everbody's friend.


So what's the top speed of my Honda Bravo?  If the stars are aligned, this 100cc motorcycle can hit a good 100km/hr  based on its own speedometer and using the stock front tire.  In comparison, the handheld GPS reads just over 90km/hr.


Case closed!


Related Topics:
Honda Bravo Motorcycle
Modified Honda Bravo
Honda Bravo Review

No comments:

Post a Comment