Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Voltage Stabilizer for Motorcycles

I was lurking in MCP electrical forums and came across with a gadget called voltage stabilizer or VS.

Looking into the schematic, it is nothing but capacitors and wires of course.  A variation is to put a safety feature by inserting a fuse.
Some users claim of better horn performance, easy starting and even fuel economy to mention a few of the benefits.

I tried installing my version of a VS in my motorcycle.  This is how it looks like.  It fits nicely inside the U-box.  Now I have to figure where to put my other stuffs.  Things such as spare tube, wrenches and rain gears.


Unfortunately, I didn't really have the chance to test or gather data to verify the claims above.  I prefer the peace of mind having a spare tube, tools and rain gears.  Perhaps when I can afford to buy a Givi box.

No comments:

Post a Comment